Monday, February 1, 2010

As I promised!





I thought before I post "after photos" there should be a "before photo". I thought it also fitting to include photos of my girls coloring on the walls. Pardon the miscellaneous clothes and unruly hair. This was day three of being snowed in.
This was a mistake for sure. I knew it when I handed that grinnin girl a big blue crayon. I especially knew it, when I found blue crayon scribbled all over my entrance way wall. Hmm...., it's hard to call this but I'm thinking it was still worth it.

Watching them defy all the rules of my youth and color for an hour on those walls...was AWESOME! That, along with so many other things does make me crazy. (If you were just thinking that, you were right!! ding ding ding)

I couldn't resist though. I've always wanted to color on the walls. I grew up in a house where creativity was encouraged for sure, but not like that!!! If I did that, I may not be here today. My 5 foot mother would have hung me.

I'm not through with the play room yet, but here it is after a day's work! Just in case you hate it, just know you would definitely prefer it to the mess of toys all strung through the house like Christmas lights. Well, lights are pretty, it would be more like colorful and noisy debris. :)

3 comments:

  1. OH YAY!!!! That green's so pretty; but then, if you ask me you can't really ever go wrong with green. You and the girls must be loving it! Such a pretty space to play in. I have to ask you, how did you do those leaf things on the wall? Blog tutorial, perhaps?
    How bout a blog entry on how your red hair needs blue and green shirts? ;D Seriously--it would all be FUN reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the ideas Lis...they are endless!!!!
    Thanks for the jumpstart. The leaf things are from Aveda when I worked there. They were hanging in the store for a particular month...featuring something (can't remember) but I snagged them wehn i left. They are kinda cute.

    ReplyDelete