Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Haiti Trip

I love Haiti. My husband went a few years ago when I was pregnant with our second daughter. We didn't have a middle name picked out until he came home from Haiti and started telling me about the city of Soleil. I fell in love with the country through his stories and as a result, we named our daughter Aliyah SOLEIL, after the city of Soleil in Haiti.

My brother and his wife do a lot of work over there as well and so I have felt connected to that country for quite some time. I am setting aside 15%profit from all my blocks for the country of Haiti. I will funnel it through World Hope International, the organization my brother and sister in law work for.

It looks like I will be able to go to Haiti in May. I would like to bring all the money I have collected from blocks with me then. I'm pretty excited about going! I'm sure what little help I could bring to a team would seemingly make no difference in the mess that is Haiti presently. I have to believe otherwise though, for if we all did a little something, it would make a significant difference for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment